SALARY: £3.00 per hour
HOURS: 30 hours per week between 8:30 am to 7pm (Break 30 Minutes)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Line Manager
To provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to a designated team in accordance with organisation policy and procedures. As this is an apprentice post the job holder will be required to work in various areas and departments throughout the organisation to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration. This will be via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding. Have to attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an Apprenticeship Certificate in Business Administration.
This consists of a National Vocational Qualification, a technical certificate and key skills this is a generic Job Description for all apprenticeship roles and is intended as a summary; therefore, as the roles vary, some of them may not require all of the tasks listed.
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the
following duties as directed:
Data input, data extraction, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties as directed
To deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages
- And pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To provide appropriate reception cover as and when required.
- To meet and greet visitors as required.
- To obtain and retrieve learners records as requested.
- To support the control of learner appointments and retrieve records.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures.
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies (specific to role as appropriate).
- Collating information for reports.
- Communicating with staff about training provision and booking training courses for staff.
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- To prepare for and attend assessment meetings and participate in relevant training programmes as required by the organisation.
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training as required.
- To adhere to the local and national Health and Safety regulations and the organisations Policies and Procedures
- To sign a learning contract with the training provider and adhere to the agreement
- To assist in the administration process associated with service audits (specific to role
- as appropriate)
- To be responsible for the use of physical equipment and to report any defects in equipment as appropriate.